[OM] Re: E1 vs. 10D, D100, D70, etc...

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 vs. 10D, D100, D70, etc...
From: Jim Sharp <jsharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 01:46:43 -0500
I was hoping you'd comment on this Tom. I've seen you around the other
lists but I didn't know if you were happy with your purchases.

There's no question I'm not the most knowledgeable photographer, but I'm
not the most clueless either and this camera makes me feel that way. I
shot a wedding last spring with my my OM-4 and T32. Outdoor service in
bright afternoon sun and an indoor reception that was quite dim. There
is *no way* I could have done it with my D100 without spending many many
hours post processing hundreds of frames.

I know 2 others personally with D100's that have similar complaints
although I think they're not as critical as I am. Inconsistent and
quirky metering that seems to have a mind of it's own, random
underexposed frames,  unpredictable flash performance, etc. Maybe they
shipped all the marginal ones to the midwest to us backward folks. :)
It's somewhat better for me at this point since I've managed to get a
different curve loaded into the camera even if I've yet to get a version
of Nikon Capture where all the functions work. In any case, at this
point I just can't depend on this camera for anything that has to be
right the first time.  That's my frustration.

Honestly, I just thought I'd check for comments on this list because
there is probably more general knowledge here than anywhere else I know
of, and there have been a lot of comments here about the E1 and some
discussion of how it compared to other brands...

Thanks for your sharing your experience.
--
Jim