[OM] Re: E1 vs. 10D, D100, D70, etc...

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 vs. 10D, D100, D70, etc...
From: Jim Sharp <jsharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 00:48:02 -0500
Thanks for the reply.

The lens issue is real, but for me it's not a huge problem. I have $0
invested in Nikon glass at this point. The only accessory I currently
own for this camera is an SB80DX flash. My SO has a fairly large
compliment of N$kon film bodies and lenses and this did help drive my
purchase but it's not the end all here. Most of her glass is mid-late
90's vintage and at least a third of them are starting to need some
mechanical attention. That in itself is another issue since her stuff
has seen no hard use.

I've no one local to talk to about the D1 series cameras but I'll ask
around again. Everyone in the area using 35mm abandon Brand N for brand
C years ago and has since started adding the same brand digital bodies.
    It would certainly be worth a weekend rental fee before I'd even
consider a D1,D2 kind of investment and in truth, it's way out of my
price range.

I'm still struggling with the view and editing programs used with the
camera that will allow me to load curves etc. I've yet to find a version
that works correctly but I have some hope that I'll get that fixed shortly.

You suggestions and some others that people have made are just what I
was looking for. This list is the winner as far as overall photographic
knowledge and living here in flatsville midwest it takes 2 days just to
get email. :) The chance of finding any help locally is marginal at
best. For instance, one employee at the local camera shop was astounded
to hear that Olympus had *ever* made film cameras...

  --
Jim