[OM] Re: minus infinity... was Re: Tamron 300

Subject: [OM] Re: minus infinity... was Re: Tamron 300
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 22:37:03 -0700
on 7/8/04 7:29 AM, W Shumaker at om4t@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> That would be my guess. Take the function 1/x as x -> 0 and then
> negative, the function goes to infinity, then beyond to minus infinity.
> Is spaced closed or open? /wayne
>
> At 12:42 AM 7/8/2004, you wrote:
>> So I always wondered, if you focus enough 'beyond infinity' do you wind up
>> seeing the back of your head?
>> --
>>
>> Jim Brokaw

Well, I didn't pay much attention to all the solid geometry and
three-dimensional trigonometry being bandied about regarding shift lenses...
I suppose I -could- do an empirical test, but I was never much good at math
of any sort. I vaguely remember some 'limit theory' from the first two times
I flunked Introductory Calculus (just before I changed my major for the
first time...) and that equation looks suspiciously like something of that
ilk. I suppose the universe could be like a goldfish bowl... the fish never
seem to catch on that its a closed space, and maybe we haven't either...
yet.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...