[OM] Re: E1 vs. 10D, D100, D70, etc...

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 vs. 10D, D100, D70, etc...
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 09:14:05 -0400
Cc: <jsharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Just to give you a reference, here are a few D100 shots. The top two were
taken with the SB80DX flash bounced on its little built in bounce card. The
next three were with the little popup flash (all five with the 60/2.8
Micro).  The last two are just outdoor shots.

All have very minimal post processing. Just levels and a touch of unsharp
mask. The look just 'ok' on the web but are stunning in prints. I've found
that any evaluation of the quality of the D100/D70 that is done on a
computer monitor undervalues the camera. It takes a good print, on a
calibrated system, to make you go WOW.  It does not, in my experience, take
a heck of a lot of effort. I took the last one in Florida in the morning,
printed it and framed it in Harrisburg that night and it was on my wall the
next day.

The last one is a 20x32" print, matted to 24x36" on my wall at work, printed
on my Epson 7600.  I 'upsized' it to 360dpi at that size in Photoshop CS.
The results are simply unbelievable.  The third one (540) is a 16x20" matted
to 20x24.

My office is covered with my prints.

Just my experience.

Tom