[OM] Re: OM to E-1 adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to E-1 adapter
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 08:04:38 -0400
The OM FOURTHIRDS Adapter given away by Olympus is as good as an OM
auto extension tube as far as quality of materials. The only thing I
have noticed is that infinity focus is just slightly off, that is you
can over-focus, which I assume means the thickness of the adapter is
just slightly short. I'm sure there is a good reason for that?

I was using the adapter with the 135/4.5 macro on the auto-extension
tube yesterday. The working distance with that combination is very
good. Generally you focus wide open, then adjust the aperture for the
shot. I generally like to see the stopped down macro image anyway. Here
is a shot with the 135/macro, but with extension tube set in the range
of infinity focus, one of the things I like about that lens, and
probably shot wide open, at f4.5. Not a macro shot, if you didn't figure
that out.

http://www.zuik.net/E1/OM_adapter_shot_7062819.jpg

/wayne