[OM] Re: OM to E-1 adapter -> underwater

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to E-1 adapter -> underwater
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 10:09:23 -0400
At 07:17 AM 7/8/2004, you wrote:
><snip>
>Actually, what *did* you use for those shots?

Olympus C5050 in its PT-015 housing. I have a hard time with the camera
underwater as I cannot tell when the camera shutter button is half
depressed. The C5060 is a much more responsive camera and goes to 28mm
equivalent. It would make for a better underwater camera if anyone is
considering. 35mm focal length is just not wide enough for underwater,
and the wide angle adapter for the PT-015 housing makes for a bulky
arrangement and the 5060 takes a different housing. I'm impressed that
Olympus makes these housings, which are at least half the price of the
equivalent Ikelite brand of housing. Especially when you consider the
number of buttons on these cameras; which also means you need to know
your camera well if you plan on using it underwater.

http://www.zuik.net/E1/5050_P7070576.jpg

Wayne