[OM] Re: Another old guy digital rant

Subject: [OM] Re: Another old guy digital rant
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 01:03:33 -0700
I've been thinking about that since your last post on the subject. The
response curve of DC is linear, without real shoulders and toes. Once
(perhaps already) the total range of brightness recorded by a DC is as
great or greater than that of film, and when the resolution of tones
recorded is sufficient, one should be able to get the shoulder and toe
effect through curve adjustment in a photo editor. Of course, I already
use curve adjustment often on scanned film.

Moose