[OM] Re: Sad news in the BBQ department - severely OT

Subject: [OM] Re: Sad news in the BBQ department - severely OT
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 18:27:17 EDT
In a message dated 6/17/04 4:42:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Now hush yo' mouth.  Q is the perfect excuse to have sauce.
> Besides, my sauce could *almost* be considered a health food.

Yes, I know and I'm no sauce hater.  Some folks look at B-B-Q the same way
they look at lettuce and egg rolls.  B-B-Q is the vehicle to get the sauce to
your lips, just as lettuce is the vehicle for salad dressing and egg rolls are
the vehicle for hot mustard.  I go both ways on this deal.  If the B-B-Q is
really good, I sure don't want to mess it up with sauce, but if it is just good
(as opposed to really good) then maybe some sauce is in order.

So as long as we are getting really OT, are you going to share your sauce
recipe with the rest of us?

OM content.  Anyone who happens to be passing through the Austin/San Antonio
area needs to make a trip to Lockhart to have the best Barbecue in the State
and probably the world.  Kruez's is the name of the place and barbecue is the
name of the game. Carry your camera as it is an interesting place. If you eat
pork, you have to get a hot link and a pork chop.  Beefeaters get a choice of
shoulder roast or prime rib.  I don't remember if they serve brisket or not,
because a hot link (usually 1 and 1/2, because my wife can't eat the whole
thing) and a pork chop just about do me in with a little prime rib or shoulder
roast on the side.  One thing we don't get a lot of in Texas and that I think
in
fabulous, is Carolina pulled pork.  Now I know with the potato (potatoe)
conversation and my throwing in pulled pork, this thing could get way out of
hand
and OT, but if you have never had Carolina pulled pork, you gotta try it if you
can find it.  I like a good bit of sauce on it and a piece of bread on either
side of it.

Why am I going out for Mexican food tonight?  {8^)   Bill Barber