[OM] Re: CLA

Subject: [OM] Re: CLA
From: "J Caldwell" <jamesfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:33:25 -0400
Hi Moose,
 I understood that some OM screens do have an effect on OM metering and I
thought I remembered that a couple Olympus screens even come with a warning.
I can't remember which ones, but I don't really believe that is the problem
- these screens aren't that different.  The OM4 is a split image focus and
the other is a solid matte.

 Anyway, the two cameras are an Olympus OM2n and an OM4Ti.  I metered on a
grey card, purposely set out of focus and I used the same lens on both
cameras - the OM4Ti consistently reads 1 EV lower than the OM2n.  As I
indicated, I did run a roll of Provia through the OM4 a couple weeks ago and
the results seemed OK and I just submitted a roll taken on the OM2n.  I'll
have that roll back on Wednesday.

Jim Caldwell