[OM] Re: Authenticity

Subject: [OM] Re: Authenticity
From: David Cochran <cochran@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 22:34:27 -0400
One of my "pastimes" right now is to try to emulate traditional B&W printing
tones on a digital file and then have a lab do a C-print. I get the tonality
I want and the benefit of a photochemical print. Still doing baby steps.
Yo can check it out here;

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?topic_id=1481&msg_id=007xcP&photo_id=2280
242&photo_sel_index=0

Still a screen reproduction. the prints, both the inkjet and the photopaper
one look great. I control the tonality on the inkjet but the image is on top
of the paper. The photo paper I do not control ( I would love to have the
cash to get me one of those machines) but the image resides "in"  the paper
not on top of it.

peace

David