[OM] Re: Authenticity

Subject: [OM] Re: Authenticity
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 19:10:03 -0700
Not strictly true. Different B&W emulsions have different sensitivity to
various wavelengths of light and will give different bightness responses
to various color subjects. Those who are into B&W can give more detail.
It is possible to duplicate this quality in PS rather than just
desaturate. It's facinating to play with the color channels and see the
tonality of different areas change. It's been so long since I did any
B&W darkroom work that I can't try to approximate the signature of a
given film/paper combo, but I can change the tonal pallete to suit my fancy.

Moose