[OM] Re: Authenticity

Subject: [OM] Re: Authenticity
From: "Graham Battison" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 00:53:18 +0100
From: <ClassicVW@xxxxxxx>

> To me, some PS is evident because the face of the sign appears brighter
than
> it should if left alone naturally, and certainly doesn't match the edges
of
> the wood. That is probably convincing people that you made up the entire
suface
> of the sign and its wording and not just lightened it up in PS.
> Just my take on the whole thing.
>
> George S.
-----------------------------------
Hi George,

Scanned the neg and got an 18mb tiff
loaded into PhotoShop and hit <ctrl> 'M' (curves)
hit 'auto'  hit 'ok'
hit <ctrl> 'L' (levels)
dragged the left hand marker to the right slightly to darken a bit more
hit 'ok'
cloned out a few dust specs
reduced size to 800 on the horizontal
sharpened with 'unsharp mask'

All adjustments, apart from cloning out dust spots, were made on the whole
image. No part of the shot got any individual treatment. I'm not against
working on individual elements in a shot it's just that this shot didn't
need any. When I first saw the 6x4 from the processor my  reaction was
'that's crisp' but not in those words :-)

--Graham