[OM] Re: Authenticity

Subject: [OM] Re: Authenticity
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 20:48:11 EDT
That makes it all the more amazing that you nailed it (the sign face) so
clearly that it seems to jump out at you. That's why I thought you did
something
to it. It still looks whiter to me than it seems like it should. I guess the
lighting did that?

George S.

graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi George,

Scanned the neg and got an 18mb tiff
loaded into PhotoShop and hit <ctrl> 'M' (curves)
hit 'auto'  hit 'ok'
hit <ctrl> 'L' (levels)
dragged the left hand marker to the right slightly to darken a bit more
hit 'ok'
cloned out a few dust specs
reduced size to 800 on the horizontal
sharpened with 'unsharp mask'

All adjustments, apart from cloning out dust spots, were made on the whole
image. No part of the shot got any individual treatment. I'm not against
working on individual elements in a shot it's just that this shot didn't
need any. When I first saw the 6x4 from the processor my  reaction was
'that's crisp' but not in those words :-)

--Graham