[OM] Re: night time conundrums

Subject: [OM] Re: night time conundrums
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:18:33 -0800
OT, but Danny Libeskind (the architect of this building) was one of my
professors in architecture school. At the time (1978) he was perhaps
the most obstinate and over-intellectualized person I'd ever come
across. (Of course, I learned a lot from him.) He hadn't built a single
building, and in fact railed against any architect who had. He produced
dense inscrutable chicken-scratching drawings that related somehow to
Merleau-Ponty's phenomenology. Quite a transformation, to now having
the commission for the replacement of the World Trade Center, the
highest-profile job in the world right now.

Nice shots!

-Rob Harrison
Seattle