[OM] Re: Woe is Me - Bridge Camera Fallout

Subject: [OM] Re: Woe is Me - Bridge Camera Fallout
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:09:26 -0500
Well, it's not optical but the Minolta A1/A2 already provide a live
histogram view.  See:
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/minoltadimagea1/page8.asp>
What's missing is a display of blinking over and under exposed areas.

The A1's electronic viewfinder is only 320x240 pixels so sometimes needs
to be magnified.  The A2 has doubled the EVF resolution to 640x480 and
no doubt will increase again soon.  When it doubles again to 1280x960 I
think I will be willing to forego an optical viewfinder as it will look
pretty much like my current monitor screen.

Chuck Norcutt