[OM] Re: [lens] Re: Woe is Me - Bridge Camera Fallout

Subject: [OM] Re: [lens] Re: Woe is Me - Bridge Camera Fallout
From: "Tom Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:51:18 -0500
But what if you can select the portion to be histogrammed?

tOM

On Thursday, March 11, 2004 at 7:32,
Andrew Gullen <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't think so. A histogram is something you look at after the shot,
> which doesn't help when you can't reshoot. Even a live histogram might
> not be useful for this unless you can watch it and the viewfinder,
> adjust the controls, follow your subject and not trip over something.
> And a histogram won't tell you how you exposed some particular part of
> the scene (though a good screen might be able to).
>
> That said, I am looking forward to having histograms.
>
> Andrew
>
> > From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
> > Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:18:48 +0100
> > Similarly the need for clever exposure modes (matrix, spot /
> > multi-spot, ...) are becoming redundant - a live histogram is what you
> > need. The future will be interesting!

ttOM Trottier, Ottawa, Canada
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 231-6115 N45.412 W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself "
-- Henry Miller, 1891-1980