[OM] Re: Woe is Me - Bridge Camera Fallout

Subject: [OM] Re: Woe is Me - Bridge Camera Fallout
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:12:26 -0800 (PST)
>Are you sure there's no menu item to change it to feet?

I've looked and looked.  Probably the only thing not user
configurable.  ;)

>Having a small hand, I found the ergonomics of the A1 without
>the battery pack to be quite acceptable.  But the EVF-only
>viewing still gets under my skin.  Ah well, perhaps the E-2's
>coming soon...

It's no OM viewfinder, that's for sure.  But suprisingly enough
it doesn't really get in the way. I've used far worse optical
viewfinders. Half the time you're using the monitor anyway.  The
autofocus is better and faster than I am in low light-levels.

The E-1 was suprisingly good. I was absolutely floored. I'm
nearly convinced that an E-2 is in my future. But I expect that
Minolta will have their DSLR on the market about the same time.
I suspect that it's going to be a tough decision.  Both should
have excellent ergonomics (the Maxxum 7 is very good), similar
viewfinders and semi-compatable with legacy glass. Image
stabalization *may* be a deciding factor if all else is equal.

It's so tough, because I bleed Olympus when I'm cut.

You think Cosina will make an OM mount version of that new
rangefinder camera?

AG-Schnozz