[OM] Re: Way to go, CH!

Subject: [OM] Re: Way to go, CH!
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:12:35 EST
I don't see where any of that seller's ( ebay seller- racer930 )screens went
unsold. I saw his auction for one screen for a B-I-N price of $65. (February
22). I bought it. Upon speaking to him I asked if he had another, as I was
looking for two of them. He said he did, and I bought a second one for the same
price.  I then emailed him and explained to him this OM list and that there
were
several people here looking for 2-series screens. He told me that he had no
more left. Maybe he found one more, I don't know, but he struck me as
completely trustworthy.

I don't want to be seen as picking on C.H., he's certainly free to do
whatever he wants to with whatever he wants to sell, but if it were me, I'd
gladly
sell something here first, especially in light of the fact that there was
ongoing messages where people were looking for the 2-series screens. I think
I've
shown that thru my actions when I sold things here at some fairly good prices.
Heck, I've even given away here probably a half dozen lenses thru the years. I
just can't see the need for me to bother with ebay for something like a $20
50mm/1.8 lens, and I can't see the need for me to keep these items around
collecting dust when someone could use it. Not to mention saving the hassel of
going
the whole ebay route. I've seen plenty of list members selling stuff on ebay
and not offering the item here; most of the time I take it to mean that the
item may not be up to our standards, and they're, in effect, "unloading"
something over there. Just my personal feelings.

George S.