[OM] Re: OM to E1 adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to E1 adaptor
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 10:04:07 -0500
Olympus is making an assumption that the 4/3 sensor size will scale
without a performance degradation. There are other considerations than
raw megapixels. As Tim Hughes has pointed out, there are lot's of
potential noise sources, image size being one - a square root/area function.

The real limitations for me and the E-1 system are: 1) small viewfinder,
no longer focal length macro lens, and no hope for image stabilization in
telephoto lenses - combined with no MA-1 adapter available to adapt to
existing macro (or telephoto) lenses. Also of consideration is DOF
control and low light performance.

As far as getting to 17mb Tiff file size, how can anyone tell whether
Genuine Fractals interpolation won't get you there? 5mp of really
clean sharp data can interpolate up a small amount quite well. There
are other resolution issues than pure sensor pixel size - most being
photog technique.

Wayne