[OM] Re: OM to E1 adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to E1 adaptor
From: "jamesfc@xxxxxxx" <jamesfc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:08:07 -0500
I had all but decided to pick up an E-1, especially when it looked like I
could still use some of my good Zuiko glass, but I just got news that has
pretty much ruled out the E-1.  The stock agency that I deal with will now
only accept digital images from cameras capable of shooting a raw format of
17 Mb or higher.  The E-1 doesn't quite have the resolution required.

I also spoke to the owner of the camera store I use (in Palm Harbor, FL)
and inquired why he dropped the Olympus line.  It actually had nothing to
do with the quality or market of the E-1 - it was Olympus customer service.
In one example, he had a customer who purchased a high end digital about a
year ago and was having problems.  Olympus' solution: buy another camera.
Not a good way to win friends and influence people!

Sigh - and I had really talked myself into an E-1 too.

Jim Caldwell