[OM] Re: OM to E1 adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to E1 adaptor
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 06:39:16 -0500
The size of the E-1's 5MP image is 1920 x 2560 on a sensor that is 13.5
x 18 mm.  That's 142 pixels per millimeter.  I believe we normally speak
of lens resolution in terms of line *pairs* per millimeter so I think
that would equate to 71 line pairs per millimeter.  I think that's
within the ballpark for our OM Zuikos.

Based on info from Kodak it would appear that the 4/3 sensor's future
development is aimed at about 10-11 megapixels.  Presumably the E-1's
lenses are designed to meet that and maybe our OM Zuikos can't.  But as
long as the sensor is at 5 megapixels I think the OM Zuikos will do fine.

Chuck Norcutt