[OM] Re: 35-80/2.8 hood as filter holder

Subject: [OM] Re: 35-80/2.8 hood as filter holder
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:45:31 -0500
Well, yeah, but...

I just tried it, and you're right about the fact one'll fit, but
getting it in securely -- wouldn't want a $75 B+W falling on the
ground, you know -- and then back out again without touching the
glass is, at least for my big, ol' clumbsy fingers, all but
impossible.  Also, though it may not matter much, there's no
assurance that the filter's not a tad or two off kilter.

And I just now had to clean that fingerprint off the Hoya HMC I
tried this experiment with.  The MC on these things is not much
more than the vapor from a dragon's breath.  The first time you
have to clean off a fingerprint or anything of the sort that
requires the use of any solution stronger than lark spit, the MC
comes off too.

It's B+W forever for me!  And a step-up (or step-down, depending
on whether you're a filter or a  lens) ring and 'nother hood.

Walt