[OM] Re: OT - FedEx vs UPS

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - FedEx vs UPS
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:32:03 EST
No wonder the service is poor. We had a RPS terminal in my town (where I also
was a police officer) and parcels were frequently getting stolen. The
companies' own undercover security would frequently call on us to come down and
make
an arrest. Employees' cars and trucks were frequently found stuffed with
parcels. From my memory, I think the most stolen items were ones that the
outside
of the box indicated that an expensive item was inside. IOW, they wouldn't take
the risk of stealing a package unless they were sure of a resell-able big
ticket item being inside. (laptops, etc.) So make sure when you mail off that
Zuiko you make the package as innocent-looking as possible.

George S.