[OM] Viewfinder vs. LCD, was OT How many cameras?

Subject: [OM] Viewfinder vs. LCD, was OT How many cameras?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:34:29 -0800
Different strokes for different folks. I use the LCD screen on the back
of my little DC exclusively and really like it. Of course, I am unusual
in having 20/10 visual acuity in my right eye, which happens to focus at
about 7-8 inches with my glasses off. That happens to be perfect for
viewing the LCD. Just an hour or so ago, I was having trouble viewing
and focusing through my OM-4 viewfinder because my glassed were steaming
up from some vigorous hiking. An LCD would have been no problem! I do
really like the OM viewfinders in general and especially compared to
other SLRs, but have no predjudice against LCDs One advantage for me of
a prosumer camera over a DSLR might be the LCD 'viewfinder' on the back,
especially the ones that swivel and tilt.

Moose