[OM] Re: Camera Quandary - OM vs. N*kon vs L*ica

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera Quandary - OM vs. N*kon vs L*ica
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:07:41 -0800
I started with a Leica M3 which grew after I got out of the Army into
another body, 35, 50 Summicrons, 90 Tele-elmarit, 135 Elmar. Loved the
35 and the 90. However I wanted more flexibility and started to expand
with a Visoflex and 65mm macro with hopes for some longer focal
lengths. All stolen and could not afford to replace it. I also decided
I wanted the flexibility of an SLR. I tried a Canon F1 because I loved
my brother's Canon images, but I never warmed up to enough to get
beyond a normal lens. Looked at a Nikon FM. Really nice camera, but the
wind lever/on switch poked me in the eye. Finally gravitated to an OM4T
and loved it. Truly the best film camera I have ever used. The
compactness, lightness combined with ergonomics is the best.

Don't know how old you are and how much time you want to devote to
photography, but I think that the number of years you think you might
shoot pictures should enter into your decision. If you will still be
making some photographs 10 years from now, sell everything and get a
digital SLR. You will be amazed at how having control from start to
finish will revitalize your enthusiasm for photography.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA