[OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #32

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #32
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:35:43 -0800
wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>On Feb 10, 2004, at 10:34 PM, Moose wrote:
>

>>Of course, I bought my current car even though it was on their don't
>>buy list for frequency of repair.
>>

>And how accurate was their frequency of repair prediction?

Well, they are statistics, so individual anecdotal experience doesn't
confirm or refute them. The transmission did dump all it's fluid rather
dramatically fairly early on. A huge white cloud followed me off the
freeway. The alternator also went out at 45,000 miles, more than a bit
premature. In both those cases, the warranty paid for towing, repair and
rental car. Nothing else of consequence has gone wrong for quite some
time. Seems like it got more reliable as it aged, but the fact that I
retired and only put 5-6,000 miles a year on it may be a factor.

Moose