[OM] OT Efficient Flushing, was What is Bokeh????- was - I could be conv

Subject: [OM] OT Efficient Flushing, was What is Bokeh????- was - I could be convinced
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:53:00 -0800
1. I knew I was opening up a can of ........ for punsters and the
pottyminded.

2. So far, one flush has always done the trick. I think it just took a
while for manufacturers to adjust to the change and work out the kinks.
I took a 15 month old CU list with me and found that all the pressure
and vacuum assisted models that were top rated didn't seem to be around.
Also the model numbers had all changed upward. I did buy a brand and
model name that had scored among the top of the gravity action models in
the tests. It looks like design changes such as substantially increasing
the ID of the trap, etc. and internal glazing to reduce friction along
with changed and more complex water paths that create some siphon action
have made low volume gravity flush reliable. The internal water flow
design looks similar on different brands.

We have small groups of people over a couple of times a week and they
all sit around drinking tea and water. And my younger son's girlfriend
is around a lot. That bathroom gets a lot of use and everybody flushes
every time. Even in the winter, with no outside watering, my combined
water/sewer bill, where both components are based on water consumption
is over $50/mo. I'm hoping to see a reduction. Since the toilet only
cost $100, it may pay off fairly quickly. If it proves to be the real
deal, I'll replace theone in my bathroom too. Notice I experiment on
others first, no dumb Moose here.

Moose