[OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #32

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #32
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:39:03 -0800

>Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:03:05 -0700
>From: carlos martinez <pottyman@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Re: More E-1 info
>
>>  Maybe digital will replace film for photojournalists, but it will never
>
>"replace" film, especially as an art form. I have been shooting for 19 years
>with my original OM 10 that I bought in 1985, (mostly because I
>can't afford to purchase
>another
>camera, I say that yet I have three bodies, and 14 lenses.) And to
>me I prefer to create the
>photo I want with the camera and not on a computer( no offense meant
>to all you
>digi heads out there.) I just think it takes more creativity with
>film thats all.
>That's my two cents worth.
>Carlos

I agree with that, I think film will stay, but it will be
increasingly relegated to a rather limited commercial and primarily
artistic medium. The UC extension credential in photography is still
almost entirely film-based, for example, but it has a strong artistic
orientation to it, rather than a commercial or professional one.  But
the writing is on the wall for film for the vast majority of
commercial, studio, wedding, advertising, photojournalistic and
sports photography.

-Stephen.
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!