[OM] Re: [OT] Canon EOS-1D Mark II review on DPR

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Canon EOS-1D Mark II review on DPR
From: "Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 00:43:51 -0700
Hi Tris:

The faint music of star wars should accompany this lens site, there is
however no light saber attachment just yet. Impressive all you can eat menu
but not designed for a subtle walkabout.
The camera, say what you will about capability,  it looks like a bloated
Rebel! OK so much for the positives....  as with most digigear the longer
you wait the better it is and the cheaper it gets, my new 'w' class laptop
was only $1400.00 with 17" screen, 2000Professional, R/W DVD etc. etc.
plasma screens are 1/3 of the price  they were and will get cheaper, someone
is going to make a teutonic digicam that doesn't look and feel like
rubbermolded binoculars and I'm going to buy it and put it in my Billingham
alongside my OM 4Ti and with any luck at all I hope to be able to use the
same lenses. The bright side of OM slipping on the retail end is that they
may have to then look back to us as their 'natural market' and cater to us a
little in order to regroup.

Gord