[OM] Re: Free OM-to-E-System adapter?!

Subject: [OM] Re: Free OM-to-E-System adapter?!
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:26:31 -0500
First off, this is all predicated on the assumption that the rumor is
true - and I do NOT know that to be a fact:

I'd look for a much more logical, less conspiratorial explanation:
Olympus believes that the OM lenses will not produce optimum results
when used with the E1 (and apparently this is more the case with the
wider than the longer lenses). But they also know that there are those
OM fans who want to be able to use their old lenses. So rather than
market the adapter, and have some people just buy a body and an adapter
- and express disappointment later with the E-1 system (which they will
not really have tried) the company might have simply decided to provide
the adapter to those who were already buying into the system, as a
'thank you.'