[OM] Re: Free OM-to-E-System adapter?!

Subject: [OM] Re: Free OM-to-E-System adapter?!
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:20:18 -0500
This news causes me to reconsider my negative position relative to
the E-1.  While I still have no intention of buying one, I might
go for an E-2, depending on its features and performance and
whether or not I'm broke by the time it comes to market.

But I would have to have the OM lens adapter in hand at the time
of purchase.  Considering how wishy-washy Olympus has been
regarding this thing -- first showing a photograph of it, then
denying it exists, then saying it will be available only in
certain countries, and now giving it away to E-1 owners -- the
thing would have to be lying on the sales counter right in front
of me before I hand over the plastic to be swiped (or in the box
from B&H, etc.).  With the willy-nilly marketing practices so far
for this product, which seem to be influenced by which way the
breeze is blowing off the Sea of Japan, I wouldn't trust Olympus
to do tomorrow what they promise today, and I sure wouldn't count
on being the recipient of any freebie some day in the distant
future.  Don't piss on my boots and try to tell me it's raining
more than one time.

Also, this may help shore up the value of certain of our Zuikos.
I think I just heard my 90/2 Macro creeping up a few dollars.

Walt

"The more you read and observe about this politics thing, you got
to admit that each party is worse than the other.  The one that's
out always looks the best." -- Will Rogers