Re: [OM] 24mm and polariser

Subject: Re: [OM] 24mm and polariser
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:36:25 -0500
Or just look through the filter at a non-metallic surface where
reflections are visible, such as polished wood, glass, plastic, a
car, etc.  Rotate the polarizer and see if it has an effect on the
reflections.  If it does, turn it around and look through it from
the other side.  If it does the same thing to the reflections
looking through from the other side, it's a linear polarizer.
Circular polarizers will only affect reflections one way.

Walt

Everybody thinks they have a sense of humor, even people who
don't.