Re: [OM] OT Movies, TV and the USA

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Movies, TV and the USA
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 10:22:52 -0500
I saw an interview of John Cleese a year or so ago where he told
the story of how Fawlty Towers came to be.  It seems almost the
entire troupe of Monty Python were staying at this particular
hotel operated by a sharp-tongued, sort-tempered owner.  All but
Cleese and Connie Booth were so put off by his demeanor that they
moved to other accommodations.  Cleese chose to stay because he
was fascinated by the rudeness of this man, saying he seemed to
feel his hotel would be perfect if only he didn't have to be
bothered with guests.  And so Basil Fawlty came to be.

Walt

"I was raised in the country; I been workin' in the town.
I been in trouble ever since I set my suitcase down." -- Bob Dylan