Re: [OM] OT Movies, TV and the USA

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Movies, TV and the USA
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 13:32:32 -0500
In the "old days"  (40s- 50s) B films were often only 80 min. long so they
would put 2 on a double feature.  Films are much longer now (especially over
2 hours) because marketing to home video is an upfront consideration. In the
not-so-distant-past, it was not desirable to go beyond the limits of a 2 hr.
VHS tape. By way of DVD, the dual layer format can hold a 3, maybe 4 hour
film.
By the time films with any mature adult content are chopped up and sanitized
to keep advertisers happy, they are a worthless viewing.  AMC used to be a
great channel (no commercials at first) now they edit and interrupt every
10-12 minutes.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714