Re: [OM] OT Movies, TV and the USA

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Movies, TV and the USA
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 17:08:16 -0500
I heard a theory that there are only seven story lines going around Hollywood. I really wonder if there are that many. During an interview, a coach who was portrayed recently in a story about a handicapped boy that was "adopted" by the local high school said they added conflict between he and the boy to add interest to the movie. In fact, there never was a fight.

If you want to see a weird place stay around the Hollywood area (most movies really aren't made there, but we say Hollywood anyway) for awhile. My dad sold kitchens to the "rich and famous" for six months in the early '60s and couldn't wait to get back to normal. We shouldn't expect people like that to make normal movies.

gregg

But if "All Creatures" had been produced here, every episode would
have had at least one shooting, two car chases, and Sigfried
Farnan would have had Mafia connections and a mistress in the next
town.  There would be pimps beating hookers and cops on the take,
and everything else we have come to accept and to yawn at over
here.

Please don't judge us by the crap the Hollywierd money-grubbers
make up.  It's not even a reasonable caricature.