Re: [OM] OT Movies, TV and the USA

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Movies, TV and the USA
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 17:09:15 +1100
Yup - stayed there, and worse. And a Uni Economics lecturer I know claimed that Yes Minister was only innaccurate in that the truth was far more absurd. And I always had trouble with The Young Ones because there was a share house I lived in in Lunnen that was VERY like that... Unfortunately, Walt seems to have a taste for the twee. I use and recommend League of Gentlemen and edgy stuff like that. A far more accurate portrayal of my former homeland. :)
AndrewF

Fawlty Towers was very accurate...

Larry

Walt Wayman wrote:

   I remember quite fondly such shows as "To the Manor
 Born," "Open All Hours," "The Irish R.M.," "Lovejoy," even such
 silliness as "Are You Being Served?" and "Keeping Up
 Appearances."  There are several others I remember, but I can't
 come up with the titles at the moment.  Anyhow, I never mistook