Re: [OM] Zuiko 55mm question

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 55mm question
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 23:14:57 EST
I'm aware of that. I have never seen anything like this. These specks were
all uniform in size, the only thing I can describe them as is looking just like
a sperm cell, only black. They all "pointed" in the same direction, with a
thin "tail' . It was almost like they were all arranged in rows, but they did
not
form a solid line anywhere.

If the head guy at Essex (I forget his name) said they were fungi, I believe
him. he's been nothing but totally honest with me for years. I handed him this
55mm lens and an 85/2 which has lots of internal dust and a bit of haze and a
very tight, dirty feeling aperture ring, AND an OM-4T with a request to CLA
all 3 items, and he told me what the lenses needed, and gave my OM-4T a very
quick look and handed it back to me, telling me to save my money for a while,
it
didn't yet need a CLA. Typical of how he's been to me and others that i know
have walked in with a problem.

George S.