Re: [OM] Zuiko 55mm question

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 55mm question
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 14:08:26 EST
Thanks for all the repiles. I thought of the printing corrections right after
I sent the message. I had been thinking "What is this guy saying, that
negative film isn't as sensitive to yellow or something?"

I was a bit disappointed at first since I was expecting the 50mm 1.2 and
having a 55mm arrive, but I'm glad to hear the 55 is a good performer too. The
lens in the auction photo (not the auction I won, but the one that I cited
about
the "yellow cast" comment) DID seem to have a yellow glow about it, and mine
that arrived yesterday didn't seem at all yellow. I attributed that to the ebay
photo, but I guess they DO turn yellow, at least some of them.

Mine arrived with many very tiny black specks inside, and I ran it right over
to Essex Camera, and I was told the specks are fungus. So I left the lens
with them to do a complete service for $50.

George S.