Re: [OM] Zuiko 55mm question

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 55mm question
From: "gries" <gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 09:36:39 -0600
I still have a fondness for the 55/1.2, and if I can ever find some extra $
that I forgot in a coat pocket, then this would be my next (and FINAL!;) )
Zuiko purchase.

The 50/1.2 mentioned was a fairly recent purchase which has kept me quite
pleased in the 50mm department.  The focus is a bit stiff, but I am working
that out to the smoothness of my well used 28/2 and 85/2 lenses.

The bokeh on the 50/1.2 is a difficult issue for me.  Highlights can look
like weird bubbles, but it doesn't show the double line type of bokeh like
the 50/1.4 did.  I think the 50/1.4 shows better resolution in tests, but
subjectively I like the 50/1.2 on the whole.  I've recently been shooting
low light stuff with the 50/1.2 and Delta 400 at +1 or +2.  I am quite
pleased with the results.  Wide open its really soft, but at f2 it cmes into
its own.

BTW, I have to put a plug in for the 28/2.  This lens is simply remarkable
at f2.8!  The recipient of the WE-03 will see what it can do on a nice FB
B+W print...

Take care!
Bob