Re: [OM] Cheap Zooms

Subject: Re: [OM] Cheap Zooms
From: Charles Sdunek <charles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 22:11:30 -0500
hmmmm....I still use my Apple //e for my darkroom and photo data (not graphically of course), among other things. I love my apple, it never crashes, boots up in seconds, I will probably use it another 30 years (so long as I can find printer ribbons on ebay and re-ink them a few times). 128K ram and no hard drive! yippie!

Really, I just dont want to transfer all of my data and my fathers data by hand to a pc. So the //e will stay with the darkroom.

Charles

GeoW wrote:

Moose,
I base my theory of obsolence on most all PC based tools, toys, programs, etc. It's only been barely more than ten years ago that we were all using DOS. What was your storage and memory back then? Would you say that that equipment is still capable of much of anything compared to todays PC's?

Now fast forward ten years. Can you even begin to imagine what will be state of the art then? Do you think it work with todays digital cameras? Not likely.

I need to think about it some more now.
GeoW