Re: [OM] Home alone, trying to TOPE

Subject: Re: [OM] Home alone, trying to TOPE
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:19:06 -0700
At 07:42 AM 11/26/2003 -0700, Mark Marr-Lyon wrote:
>Technically, that's the Cowgirl Hall of Fame, and I haven't been there in a
>couple of weeks.

Hmmm.  I thought the Cowgirl Hall of Fame was what you found on the *walls* of
Cowgirls.  Oh well.  Still has good 'que.

>  Of course, it's harder to get there now that we live 40 minutes away instead
> of 10, and we have a 2 month old daughter to occupy our time.  They do have
> very good food, and they have some of the better chile rellenos in the area
> that I've tried, though not the hottest.

As I've grown older, my taste in hot foods has become much more discriminating.
 I no longer care about the heat intensity per se, but rather whether the heat
comes with any flavour.  Mildly hot with outstanding flavour wins out over
hotter-than-Hades with mediocre (or zero!) flavour every time now.  I didn't
find Cowgirls hot at all, but the flavours were indeed outstanding (and I had
to bodily prevent one of my female companions from accosting the cooks in order
to obtain recipes -- 'que's a religion down there, and she was foolishly trying
to part the veil to the Holy of Holies...).

>  The green chile buffalo burger is not to be ignored either.  Mmmm.... green
> chile... making me hungry already, but it's only 7:30 am here and not a
> breakfast burrito to be found nearby :(

Same here.  8^<

Garth

P.S.:  Found it in the on-line Santa Fe Telephone Directory:

Cowgirl BBQ & Western Grill
319 S Guadalupe
SANTA FE, NM 87501-2613
(505) 982-2565

The Hall of Fame is listed separately.  "I'm not worthy!  I'm not worthy!"