Re: [OM] Home alone, trying to TOPE

Subject: Re: [OM] Home alone, trying to TOPE
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:26:50 -0800
Where's Schnozz hawking Dixie's??

-----Original Message-----
From: Walt Wayman

Bill, I say with this with a total lack of malice and prejudice
and with a large serving of deference, but the truth is, speaking
as a true Southerner, one of the Louis Grizzard variety who has
lived his whole life (so far) in Tennessee and Georgia (except for
a year in Noo Yawk and two in Viet Nam), you Texas folk -- and I
do like Texas, except some parts that are too flat and need more
trees -- don't do the best barbecue, which is of the PIG
persuasion.  As Lewis used to say, barbecue ain't barbecue if it
ain't pork pig meat.  Y'all do beef and goat, and some of it ain't
bad, except the goat, which I refuse to try.  Yuck!

Next time you're up Brookshire way, stop in at Hard Times
Barbecue, which is on the road to Hempstead.  It ain't pork, but
it's the best beef barbecue I ever et.  My wife's brother, who
lives in St. Louis, buys enough to take home with him every time
he visits.

Walt