Re: [OM] [OT] A New EB*Y Twist

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] A New EB*Y Twist
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:44:39 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 fred42@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Personally I have been feeling like eBay and Paypal have become a little bit
> too business oriented in the last couple of years. By that I mean the
> bulk/drop shipping fixed price market.

Now that eBay has virtually eliminated their competition and become a monopoly,
they're simply getting greedy.  All the "improvements" they are making are
only put into place to increase their revenue and not for the benefit of
sellers or buyers.  Anyone else notice that some of the BIN auctions now
require "instant payment"?  Yup, pay now with PayPal or someone else with
PayPal will get the BIN if they pay first.  Nice eh?  It basically requires
that you use PayPal, and guess to who's benefit?  I bet they even charge the
seller for that "feature"!  What a scam......
                                -mark