[OM] [OT]5 0.000000e+00xtra, was A New EB*Y Twist

Subject: [OM] [OT]5 0.000000e+00xtra, was A New EB*Y Twist
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 19:40:54 +0000
I always mention in my eb*y adverts that I will expect 5 0.000000e+00xtra to cover P*yPal's large forex charges. It makes complete sense to me to pass that organisation's costs onto the buyer since its marketing is based on convenience for the buyer who uses their system of payment. If these charges were restricted to same currency charges I should be happy to accept those, but they charge too much for the currency exchange. Of course, this means that I might lose sales (especially as the GBP is so strong against the $ at present), but I believe in keeping it all clear from the outset.

And, as I have mentioned before, the sales practices of P*yPal would not be allowed in this country: they do not offer informed choice for the seller when he or she joins the system.

Chris