Re: [OM] Bad processing rant!

Subject: Re: [OM] Bad processing rant!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:10:52 -0800
That's why I take my negs to a photo shop that is serious about their processing, then skip the 4x6s and have them scanned at 2000x3000 pixels. Costs a dollar or 2 more than prints and more than some cheapie places, but the negs always come back in perfect condition and the scans are good enough for my own 4x6 or 5x7 prints of the ones I like and for the web. The vagaries of automated printing are just too much for me, esp. with my favorite film, Portra NC.

Moose

Walt Wayman wrote:

Every print, without exception, was washed out, roughly the equivalent in tranny terms of two stops overexposed. Fortunately, the negatives are okay. At least he got them in the sleeves without mangling them, which is really about all that's keeping him alive right now.

I would take them back to have them reprinted, but I have no real hope that the results will be any better.