Re: [OM] Two questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Two questions
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:48:12 -0000
You could find a strip of acetate about 1" wide, and apply double sided Scotch
tape to one side of one end, then unwind the film
spool as much as possible - forcing the film inside the 35mm cartridge against
the walls.  Now  push the acetate strip into the film
slot with the sticky side facing out, away from the film spool.  The aim is to
get the leader to stick to the double sided tape.

Good luck!

Piers

Plan B would be to take an empty 35mm cartridge, a can opener and the
leaderless cartridge into the darkroom...

--snip

> On Tuesday November 18 2003 10:36 am, Walt Wayman wrote:
> > First question:
--snip

>  I paid a visit to the neighborhood camera shop, intending
>  to get one of those doohickies that extract film leaders from
>  cassettes.  I was flabbergasted to find that the thing
>  costs $19.95!
>  I'll throw away the $7 roll of Provia before I'll pay 20
>  bucks, plus tax, for something I may never use again.
>
>  Is there another way, some ingenious trick, to get the leader back
>  out?  And if so, I don't want to hear about it if it's more
>  than $10 worth of trouble.

--snip