Re: [OM] Two questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Two questions
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:18:19 -0800
1/2 cent worth wrt #2;

Lately I haven't been watching closely, the price seems low but it doesn't
sound like a fang by any means.

An APO Schneider 210 BIN $599
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2964453997&category=30076

KEH will sell you an E Sinar F for $599. The bits and pieces included with a
LF camera affect the price so much that I don't think I can judge the prices
that well.

In case you don't have the Schneider links ...

http://www.schneideroptics.com/info/age_of_lenses/

http://www.schneideroptics.com/info/vintage_lens_data/large_format_lenses/symmar-s/data/1,5,6-210mm.html

I'm a wimp ... I use a Horseman VHR with 6x9 roll film backs. That's the
closest I expect to get to LF. The longest lens I've got is a 180mm. The
Horseman could only marginally handle a 210mm. You might not be shooting 4x5
but surely you've been shooting 6x9 ... Maybe a 6x12 roll film back on that
4x5 ...

-jeff