Re: [OM] Olympus E-1, a dealer's perspective

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus E-1, a dealer's perspective
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:25:25 -0500
The Canon 300 2.8 is $3899 - the 600 f FOUR is $7199 -
The Nikon 300 2.8 $3499 - the 600 f 4 is $7299

So if you want a "real" 600, it's going to cost you 7K and it's going to
be an f 4, NOT a 2.8.

Is this about photography, or money? I realize that money dictates
everyone's ultimate buying choices, including my own. But arguing about
whether the 300 is a 300 or a 600 and what it should then cost makes
little sense. It's a 600 2.8 equivalent - and no one else offers that.
And it's cost, when all is said and done, is quite competitive.

B. D.