Re: [OM] Olympus E-1, a dealer's perspective

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus E-1, a dealer's perspective
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:46:44 -0000
Yes, I believe you are right BD.

This lens has an angle of view of 5 degrees (OK, I am guessing), and that is
its cardinal characteristic

The price:focal-length ratio is of no use whatever as an indicator of
comparative value because the focal length of the compared lens varies with
format.  Put another way, I bet you can get very good value 300mm lenses
mounted on walnut boards, all Olympus need to do is produce a simple 4/3 to
plate camera adaptor.

Piers