Re: [OM] Doro's Delightful Day in Dresden

Subject: Re: [OM] Doro's Delightful Day in Dresden
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 01:37:05 +0100
Hi Earl,

Earl Dunbar schrieb:

certainly see the logic of Olympus' decision not to produce it, and
about half of me agrees.  (The other half says, "But I WANT to try my
old Zuikos on it!")

Quite, I do feel the same. But then - someone will eventually make it, just like the adapter for the 10D. Basically the camera needs to be told that there in fact *is a lens on it but this lens just doesn't communicate with the body and the body should fire anyway (or something like that).

And I understand that MAYBE it got posted "by
mistake", but it seems like a pretty big mistake to do so, almost
unbelievable, especially seeing that there was a part number
associated with it, as I recall.

I don't know where the picture first showed up. But some people seem to be really angry about it. I wouldn't like to be the - yet unknown - person that let the info out anyway. Let's leave the subject..

When I handled one (oh so briefly) a few weeks ago, it felt really
good in my hands.  The batteries were dead, so I could really do
anything, but between that feel, the build quality, and the quality
of photos I've seen on the web, I'm pretty impressed.  But I will
probably wait for a newer model with slightly higher sensor
resolution.

And I'm very curious which features will be left out for a coming consumer (and cheaper) version...

cheers
:Doro